****Temporary Positions - RedCoats (Immediate assignments available. Apply today!!
|March 20, 2016 - December 31, 2017|
|Salary Range:||$12.50/hr - $18.00/hr|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal - Part Time|
|Description:||Friendly, outgoing personalities. Former customer services experience a plus. All applicants should be willing to work a variety of jobs that range from registration assistance to bag stuffing. NO AGENCY OF PHONE CALLS PLEASE.|
The temporary staff is a seasonal, at-will position to help clients host their meetings in the metropolitan Washington, DC area at the Convention center and various hotels throughout the year. They work on an on call basis with no guaranteed number of days or hours. The duty assigned for a particular meeting will determine the rate of pay. The Temp staff may be asked to work between the hours of 5:30am and 10:00pm. Periodically, some clients may require extended hours all of which we will accommodate. There are a variety of jobs, which include the following:
• Registration Typist/Cashier (works to collect fees and input attendee information in client’s computer system. This may involve more complicated onsite registration of exhibitors and attendees.)
• Registration Non-typing Clerk (works to disseminate materials, badges, and information regarding the meeting to attendees and/or exhibitors).
• Room Monitor (scan badges, collect tickets, hand out and/or collect questionnaires and literature during meeting sessions).
• Information Clerk (works an information booth in order to assist people with locating various areas and locations in the convention center or hotel. A broad knowledge of the DC/MD/VA areas is a must).
• Stuffing (may need to lift up to 20 pounds to fulfill a client’s needs. May collate materials to be distributed to attendees during a meeting. At times this may include inserting materials into binders, folders, or bags).
Experience, Competencies & Education
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Positive attitude and maturity expected
3. Strong customer service and communication skills a must
4. Speak English: bilingual ability is a plus especially Spanish
5. Strong initiative and work ethic
6. Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Internet Explorer
7. Have a basic knowledge of the Washington DC area
8. Ability to multi-task
Apply on-line: http://destinationdc.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
Applicants should upload a copy of their resume.
Please note: We are not accepting calls from candidates, recruiting agencies or staffing firms for these positions.