Tourism & Visitor Services Specialist
|October 16, 2013 - November 15, 2013|
|Salary Range:||13.23 - 16.51/hour plus bonus potential|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, and 401(k) available.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Tourism & Visitor Services|
This position will have duel responsibilities for both the Visitor Services and Tourism Department. The direction will be 80% from the Visitor Services Manager and 20% from the VP of Tourism. The Tourism and Visitor Services Specialist acts as an information resource for all individuals requesting information about the destination as well as provides support to the Visitor Service Department for data, report and on-line hotel reservation entry. The Specialist will also provide administrative support to the Tourism Department for specific internal projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Answers telephone calls, email and walk-in inquiries for Visitor Services Dept. Remains in phone queue in high volume periods. Makes online reservations through in-house reservations system, aRes Travel, while manning the front desk
2. Maintains a working knowledge of the destination's highways, transportation systems, public and private attractions and recreation areas, events, weather conditions, accommodations and tourist attractions
3. Assists all walk-in visitors in the lobby for meetings or obtaining information
4. Ensures that visitor information publications are well stocked in the brochure racks in the lobby, outside the lobby and on display tables; disposes of out-dated materials
5. Third to receive requests for bulk orders: offers information to clients placing large orders as described by office policy, logs orders into database, and processes orders for distribution if needed, processes payments and tracks delivery of orders and receives payment and records receipts for services
6. Assist International and Domestic Tourism Sales Managers with familiarization tour itineraries and logistics
7. Other duties as requested by Visitor Service Manager or VP of Tourism
8. Train red coats and assist them when in the office
9. Manage problematic orders in managerís or visitor services specialistís absence
10. Provide assistance to staff tracking bulk orders
11. Assist web manager with trouble shooting and editing content
12. Assist in editing the official visitors guide and map
13. Cover managerís and visitor services specialistís duties as needed in his or her absences.
Experience, Competencies & Education
1. Minimum 2 years customer service experience
2. Strong customer service skills and excellent telephone manner.
3. Any combination of training and experience equivalent to the graduation from High School.
College degree preferred.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills.
5. Strong visual skills (such as reading and interpreting maps and brochures).
6. Data entry experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
7. Keen knowledge of the Washington Metro area and its environs.
8. Initiative to handle routine problems.
9. Ability to move heavy stacks of collateral.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.