Partnerships & Membership Fall Intern
|March 01, 2017 - August 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Department:||Partnerships & Alliances|
|Description:||Be a part of a dynamic team working to support and engage local businesses! |
Destination DC (DDC), the official convention and tourism corporation for our nation’s capital, welcomes an intern to assist the organization’s Partnerships & Alliances (P&A) team.
P&A is an exciting and entrepreneurial revenue-generating department within DDC. P&A generates income through membership (dues), sponsorship and special events. Engagement and retention of these members and partners is critical--when DDC programs flourish, partner businesses thrive. These businesses contribute to our city’s vibrant economy and the positive image and identity of Washington, DC as a world class destination for locals, visitors, and convention attendees to enjoy.
• Special event support. P&A produces 40 educational and networking events/year. This support may include
a. research of venues and educational topics
b. event logistics including registration, RSVPs, name badge creation, collateral creation and distribution
c. recap and follow up
• Data: Updating member records and tracking communications in the database (SimpleView)
• Publications: Editing and proofing member listings for Washington, DC official publications including the visitor guides, meeting planning guides, and map
• Sponsorship: Research potential sponsors, generate ideas for sponsor benefits and fulfillment
• Attend weekly company-wide and departmental meetings
• Administrative tasks including filing and preparing meeting packets
• General department duties as needed
|Duties:||Experience, competencies, education:|
• Exceptional customer service and business etiquette skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Completed at least two years of college; graduate student preferred
• Demonstrated interest in the travel and tourism economy, enthusiasm for Washington, DC
• Great sense of humor
• Eagerness to learn from a team of dynamic, engaged professionals working to promote Washington, DC and its vital hospitality and travel and tourism economy.
• Fall semester (September – December)
• This is not a full-time position, candidates must commit at least 15-20 hours per week to DDC; 2-3 days/week
• Unpaid. Destination DC will work with intern to complete the paperwork and reports necessary to obtain school credit.
Apply on-line at: http://destinationdc.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
About Destination DC:
Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 850 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. www.washington.org