Tourism/Visitor Service Administrative Assistant
|June 27, 2017 - August 31, 2017|
|Salary Range:||Grade 18|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Tourism & Visitor Services|
|Description:||Position Summary |
The Tourism/Visitor Service Administrative Assistant provides principal logistical and administrative support to leisure tourism and visitor service initiatives and the daily operations of the Tourism and Visitor Services Departments. This portfolio serves also as the Tourism VPíS liaison to the rest of Destination DCís leadership and staff.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Including the following, but are not limited to) |
1. Provides administrative responsibilities for Vice President of Tourism, the Associate Director and the staff of Tourism/Visitor Service departments.
2. Serves as primary interface with the organizationís partners, tourism members, sponsors, and
3. prospects by responding promptly to all tourism and visitor service related requests via email, fax, phone, etc. as appropriate to meet and exceed memberís needs.
4. Assists organization with telephone calls and email inquiries. Handles bulk order reporting, fulfillment, and assists with front desk coverage.
5. Main contact for all Simpleview/CVENT/other IT database responsibilities for the department.
6. Assist managers with follow-up/data entry from tradeshows/missions/
7. Coordinates the execution of all site itineraries/fam tours and local special events.
8. Participates/hosts familiarization tours in conjunction with respective sales manager.
9. Maintains appointment calendars and schedules for the staff including coordinating necessary travel arrangements.
10. Prepares invoices and expense reports for processing. Transcribes and distributes meeting minutes as appropriate.
11. Prepares presentations and reports, utilizing clear and concise charts, graphics and tables.
12. Knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Word (including mail merge functionality), PowerPoint, and Excel are required.
13. Microsoft Access/databases experience is preferred.
14. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Tourism and Associate Director of Sales
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education |
1. Minimum of two (2) years progressive hospitality/tourism industry experience.
2. Bachelorís Degree (B.B.A./B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in hospitality & tourism management, sales, marketing, or related field requested.
3. Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals
and technical procedures.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
6. Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
7. Willingness to work evenings and weekends and the ability to travel is required.
8. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
9. Proficient in multi-language is a plus
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.