|September 04, 2017 - December 15, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Department:||Tourism & Visitor Services|
|Description:||Destination DC, the official convention and tourism corporation for the nation’s capital, is currently seeking an intern over Fall 2017 to assist the organization’s tourism and visitor services department. Duration is one semester, with negotiable start and end dates.|
|Duties:||Duties/responsibilities include: |
• Update Tourism Newsletter content
• Assist with Visitor Services inquiries, brochure orders and distribution
• Update and maintain the tourism department database
• Assist Tourism Department with domestic and international tourism marketing and promotion initiatives
• Additional projects as assigned
|Qualifications:||Experience, competencies, education:|
• Applicants must be junior or senior year college students in good standing.
• Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Marketing, and Event Planning majors strongly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Social media experience a plus.
• Previous internship experience a plus.
• Commitment of one semester is required. The internship may be extended to the next semester at the agreement of the student and supervisor.
• Candidates must be able to commit to 20 hours per week to the position.
• This is an unpaid position. Destination DC will work with intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
Apply on-line at: http://destinationdc.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php.
About Destination DC: Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. www.washington.org