Payroll & Human Resources Specialist
|July 26, 2017 - August 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Finance & Administration|
Responsible for managing, processing and coordinating the payroll function. Provides support and assistance to the HR Manager and the Human Resources office, including recruitment, on-boarding and benefits administration in accordance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)|
1. Process bi-weekly payroll and serves the as primary administrator of the Payroll/HRIS system.
2. Ensures accurate and timely payment for employees.
3. Provides assistance to employees for all payroll-related inquires and makes needed changes/corrections.
4. Reviews, generates and reconciles payroll, deductions, PTO reports, 401(K) plan and other deductions.
5. Conducts quarterly reconciliation of payroll Federal and tax filings and reports.
6. Maintains payroll-related personnel files and record keeping reports.
7. Assists with audit preparation and requests.
8. Assists Controller with reconciling and making payroll-related journal entries.
9. Inputs changes of personal information, benefits, salary, etc. into Payroll/HRIS system.
10. Responds to employment and salary verification requests; social security, unemployment compensation claims, public assistance, internal revenue service, and garnishments.
1. Assists the HR Manager with the day-to-day-operations of the Human Resources office.
2. Assists with the recruitment and selection process for staff, interns and temporaries, including posting positions, resume review, scheduling interviews/meetings and reference checks.
3. Serves as the primary administrator of the applicant tracking system. Respond to incoming resumes and handles inquiries.
4. Coordinates and conducts on-boarding/new hire orientation to include review of company policies, personnel forms, pay process, scheduling of individual appointments with top management.
5. Assists staff with questions related to the Employee Handbook, workplace policies and procedures.
6. Responsible for benefits administration including maintaining electronic and other records, processing and reconciling monthly invoices and assisting employees with benefits related questions/inquires.
7. Assists staff in understanding of benefits, works with the employee and the broker to resolve any discrepancies, assists with claims resolution, and provides clarification on policies and procedures.
8. Updates and generates organizational charts, staff and anniversaries lists/reports regularly and as needed.
9. Assists with staff events and celebrations.
10. Other duties as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. 3-5 years of Payroll & HR experience and a four-year degree in related field.
2. Experience with ADP Workforce Now and integrated Payroll/HRIS systems is required.
3. Attention to detail, multi-tasking, problem solving skills and the ability to work independently is required.
4. Excellent customer service, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills are required.
5. Strong computation and analytical skills are required.
6. The ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
7. Knowledge of IRS, Federal, state and local laws, regulations and requirements governing payroll and employment is required.
8. Excellent computer skills with demonstrated spreadsheet, accounting systems, databases, Word and Excel are required.
9. Hospitality/tourism industry experience a plus.
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.