Convention Sales Manager
|July 26, 2017 - October 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Convention Sales Manager is responsible for developing business for the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and metropolitan area as a convention destination. This role is responsible for lead generation quota as well as definite room night goals.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)|
1. Generate bookings for meetings and conventions according to the priorities outlined in the marketing plan or more specifically meet certain seasonal and market segment factors.
2. Coordinate and participate in local promotional events and local industry trade shows with a view towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
3. Produce sales leads for destination hotel partners.
4. Follows up on lead sources by inquiry, through trade shows and trade publications.
5. Converts leads into confirmed business; prepares proposals including quoted costs at the Washington Convention Center as well as executing and overseeing client site inspections.
6. Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions.
7. Maintain good product knowledge of the destination including the area (attractions, recreation, climate, etc.), convention center, hotels and services.
8. Maintains awareness of industry trends and competing cities (ie. through trade journals, industry participation and travel)
9. Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
10. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Director Convention of Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Minimum four to five (4 - 5) yearís sales management experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
2. Bachelorís Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
7. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
8. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
Accountabilities & Measures
1. Annual Room Nights and Leads goals as determined by the Sales leadership.
2. Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.