|August 03, 2017 - October 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Marketing & Communications|
The Marketing Assistant provides principal administrative support to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications and department team members. This person has an interest in advertising planning, buying and budgeting, and processes/organizes all invoice-related tasks for the department. This position is required by the Marketing & Communications department of Destination DC to help reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for the nationís capital.
Apply on-line at: http://destinationdc.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)|
1. Performs general administrative functions for the department.
a. Handles daily correspondence, travel arrangements and expense reports for the department head
b. Schedules, plans and coordinates all department meetings, including bi-monthly Marketing Committee meetings
c. Prioritizes and distributes all incoming general mail for the department
d. Assists in maintaining contact databases for marketing and media
2. Prepares budget expenditures for the department, including invoices, check requests and purchase orders. Tracks budget in a timely and organized manner, verifying expenditures against line items and updating the department head monthly. Is familiar with the budgeting process and understands departmental codes used to track spends.
3. Has an interest in understanding advertising planning and buying, and assists the Sr. Manager, Marketing and Marketing Specialist as needed with Destination DCís advertising campaigns. Takes part in all advertising-related meetings, and has a basic understanding of the structure of Destination DCís campaigns.
4. Has strong Microsoft PowerPoint skills, and uses these to regularly prepare presentations as needed for the department head while maintaining brand standards.
5. Assists in maintenance of washington.org by regularly updating the calendar of events and other sections as assigned.
6. Coordinates departmental and committee meeting schedules and attendance for all supported by the department, including maintaining timely correspondence and minutes for meetings.
7. Understands and is comfortable working in all aspects of Destination DCís CRM program, SimpleView. Creates traces as needed for the department in the system.
8. Delivers quality service to internal and external customers.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Four-year degree from an academic institution in marketing, public relations, journalism or communications preferred.
2. Excellent oral and written skills including a command of English grammar, usage and vocabulary.
3. Must have strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point; comfortable executing multiple projects each week in these platforms.
4. Excellent organizational skills.
5. Strong attention to detail and proofreading.
6. Travel/Hospitality Industry experience or knowledge a plus.
7. Able to work with a sense of urgency, and prioritize major needs over minor.
8. Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
9. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications Physical Demands
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.