Business Development Manager
|August 30, 2017 - October 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing business for our nationís capital as a meeting/convention destination. This position will identify business opportunities with potential prospects increasing company revenue to enhance performance goals. This position will also engage with our hotel community on creative ideas to generate effective hotel packages.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)|
1. Identify, research, and prospect target accounts to uncover additional business opportunities for the city.
2. Follow up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
3. Prepare and give business reviews and presentations to the senior management team on a monthly basis.
4. Maintain thorough product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels, and services.
5. Work with external partners on creative ways to increase business opportunities
6. Maintain awareness of industry trends
7. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Sales, Director of Convention Sales, and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
8. Track prospecting efforts
9. Other duties as assigned
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Minimum one to two (1-2) years sales experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
2. Bachelorís Degree (B.S. /B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyzes, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
7. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
Accountabilities & Measures
1. Success will be measured by increased booking opportunities in the destination.
2. Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.