Junior Marketing Events Manager
|August 30, 2017 - October 31, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Junior Marketing Events Manager is responsible for assisting with all the logistical arrangements for Destination DC events, tradeshows, meetings and functions as scheduled by the Senior Marketing Events Manager. This position will report to and provide support to the Senior Marketing Events Manager.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)|
1. Working with the Senior Marketing Events Manager, planning and executing all DDC events and providing strategic recommendations.
2. Assist with research, site visits & securing venues for events.
3. Assist with sponsors, coops and exhibitors for each event.
4. Serve as the liaison between Destination DC and the host venue, sponsor, exhibitors, caterer, audio visual company or Destination Management Company.
5. Assist with programming for all events and provide ideas and in-sight.
6. Negotiate space rental, food & beverage, audio visual, gifts and other items pertaining to the event/meeting based on the budget.
7. Collaborate with the marketing on all collateral material and other materials pertaining to each event. This includes, but is not limited to: electronic invitations, printed invitations, and signage.
8. Create, build, and send electronic invitations and member emails through Cvent and Informz.
9. Administer all aspects of registration, both prior to and during events.
10. Schedule, train and oversee Destination DC volunteers for events.
11. Serve as the on-site manager on event days.
12. Manage overall event budget for events and oversee that all vendor invoices are paid in a timely manner.
13. Responsible for revenue/expense tracking and ensuring events are on budget.
14. Other tasks as assigned by the Senior Marketing Events Manager.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Minimum two to five (2-5) years progressive experience preferably in the non-profit environment.
2. Bachelorís Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field.
3. Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
7. High level of technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.