International Tourism Coordinator - Asia
|September 05, 2017 - November 30, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||Tourism & Visitor Services|
The Coordinator, will work with the International Tourism team to implement and execute all international leisure marketing promotions and development of existing programs outlined by the VP of Tourism and Visitor Services and the Associate Director of Sales. This role will require a strong background in Asian-focused marketing/social media programs as well as experience in execution of tourism promotions.
This position is required by the Tourism and Visitor Services department of Destination DC to help reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital.
|Duties:||Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to):|
1. Executes and expands the “Welcome China” program to include (but not limited to) development of consistent education programs and members’ retention and acquisition. Maintains contents and updates on the “Welcome China” microsite.
2. Implements social media communication on China-based channels which includes scheduling of day-to-day posts for a range of Destinations DC accounts on WeChat, Weibo, etc. covering everything from promoting website content and events to Destination DC marketing campaigns.
3. Executes relationships with social media influencers/key opinion leaders (KOLs) in key international markets.
4. Assists the international tourism sales team with executing its marketing and promotional activities, including print, electronic media, tradeshow, and direct mail.
5. Collaborates with Destination DC’s marketing team to ensures consistent brand image throughout international promotional materials, websites and events.
6. Assists with the development and preparation of presentations.
7. Provides regular status reports on all international marketing programs.
8. Acts as liaison with the Brand USA marketing team to ensure the correct managements of marketing funds.
9. Prepares draft reports, background documentation and research for key international markets.
10. Assists with communication to customers, external partners and internal communication to DDC marketing and tourism teams as it relates to promotions.
11. Delivers quality service to internal and external customers.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field.
2. Two-four years previous social media/marketing related experience.
3. Spoken and written knowledge of Mandarin required.
4. Expert knowledge of the marketing application of WeChat, Weibo, Facebook and other social medial platforms.
5. Superior time management skills, multitasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision are essential
6. Ability to work independently
7. Strong command of Microsoft Office applications.
8. Experience with Adobe Photoshop and photo editing softwares.
9. Strong interpersonal skills.
10. Team player and capable of thinking outside the box.
11. Detailed oriented and able to accurately proofread marketing materials.
12. Ability to solve problems and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
13. Experience in destination marketing and/or hospitality a plus.
14. Must be able to legally work in the United States of America.
Accountabilities & Measures
Periodic performance evaluations gauging qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.