National Sales Manager
|October 05, 2017 - November 30, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The National Sales Manager position is responsible for developing business for the Walter E. Washington Convention Center and metropolitan area as a convention destination with specific reference to groups that are key to the city.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Generate bookings for meetings and conventions according to the priorities outlined in the marketing plan or more specifically meet certain market segment factors.
2. Coordinate and participate in local promotional events and industry trade shows with a goal towards developing Washington, DC business interests.
3. Produce sales leads for destinationís hotel partners.
4. Follows up on lead sources via inquiry, trade shows and trade publications.
5. Converts leads into confirmed business; prepares proposals including quoted costs from the Washington Convention Center as well as executing and overseeing client site inspections.
6. Compile complete convention packages inclusive of all entities needed to successfully present the destination.
7. Assist the direct sales effort by attending sales missions, meetings, trade shows and other industry-related functions.
8. Ability to lead sales presentations to clients, boards and site selection committees.
9. Maintain good product knowledge of the destination including the general area, convention center, hotels and services.
10. Maintains awareness of industry trends and competing cities (i.e. through trade journals, industry participation and travel)
11. Manage client relationships to ensure adequate account servicing.
12. Manage hotel relationships to ensure seamless customer experience.
13. Manage budget respective to individual travel, networking, entertainment and co-ops.
14. Execute all other duties as assigned by the Director of Convention Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales & Services.
|Qualifications:||Experience, Competencies & Education|
1. Minimum four to five (4 - 5) years sales management experience in related field, preferably convention bureau, facility or hotel sales and convention services
2. Bachelorís Degree (B.S./B.A.) from four-year college or university in management, sales, marketing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
3. Ability to read, analyze, articulate and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
6. Willingness to work evenings and weekends; willingness to travel
7. Extensive knowledge of and enthusiasm for city and facilities
8. Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office and destination management software systems required.
Accountabilities & Measures
1. Annual Room Night Goals (subject to determination by the Director of Convention Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales and Services).
2. Annual Leads generated varies by target market (subject to determination by the Director of Convention Sales and Vice-President of Convention Sales and Services).
3. Annual Sales Call and Trip Goals (subject to determination by the Director of Convention Sales and the Vice-President of Convention Sales and Services).
4. Periodic performance evaluations gauging quantitative and qualitative performance against identified goals.
Americans with Disabilities Specifications
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing most of the duties of this job, the employee may not be exposed to weather condition. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.