|October 12, 2017 - November 15, 2017|
|Employment Type:||Intern - Part Time|
|Department:||Tourism & Visitor Services|
|Description:||About Destination DC: Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities. www.washington.org|
Destination DC, the official convention and tourism corporation for the nation’s capital, is currently seeking an intern over Spring 2018 to assist the organization’s tourism and visitor services department.
|Duties:||Duties/responsibilities include: |
• Update Tourism Newsletter content
• Assist with Visitor Services inquiries, brochure orders and distribution
• Update and maintain the tourism department database
• Assist Tourism Department with domestic and international tourism marketing and promotion initiatives
• Additional projects as assigned
|Qualifications:||Experience, competencies, education:|
• Applicants must be junior or senior year college students in good standing.
• Hospitality, Travel & Tourism, Marketing, and Event Planning majors strongly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills required.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Social media experience a plus.
• Previous internship experience a plus.
• Commitment of one semester is required. The internship may be extended to the next semester at the agreement of the student and supervisor.
• Candidates must be able to commit to 20 hours per week to the position.
• This is an unpaid position. Destination DC will work with intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
Apply on-line at: http://destinationdc.iapplicants.com/searchjobs.php.